1. Hello. Here’s what you need to know about “Robot Application in Material Handling”
2. MATERIAL HANDLING ROBOTS Material handling robots can automate some of the most tedious, dull, and unsafe tasks in a production line. Material handling robots enhance the efficiency of your production line and increase customer satisfaction by providing quality products in a timely manner. The term material handling encompasses a wide variety of product movements on the shop floor.
3. MATERIAL HANDLING ROBOTS Material handling makes use of the robot's simple capability to transport objects. By fitting the robot with an appropriate end of arm tool (e.g. gripper), the robot can efficiently and accurately move product from one location to another.
4. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS If a robot has to transfer parts or load a machine, then the following points are to be considered. 1. Part Positioning and Orientation 2. Gripper design 3. Minimum distances moved 4. Robot work volume 5. Robot weight capacity 6. Accuracy and repeatability 7. Robot configuration 8. Machine Utilization Problems
5. MATERIAL TRANSFER APPLICATION 1. PICK AND PLACE OPERATIONS 2. PALLETIZING AND RELATED OPERATIONS
6. ROBOTS APPLICATIONS Robot applications can be studied under present and future applications. under present applications they can be classified into three major headings. They are 1. Material Transfer, Machine Loading and Unloading. 2. Processing operations 3. Assembly and inspection.
7. ROBOTS APPLICATIONS In future applications category the list is exhaustive and ever increasing like 1. Medical 2. Military (Artillery, Loading, Surveillan 3. Home applications. 4. Electronic industry. 5. Fully automated machine shop etc
8. That’s it!